Data Safety and Security
We want you to be confident that you will have access to your data when you want it, and that it is safe and secure.
- FlowWorks core servers are all dual-power supply, 6-drive RAID arrays with hot-standbys.
- The servers are located within our own server farm, not in an off-shore data center. Our core staff work in the same building and have access to the equipment 24 hours a days, 365 days a year.
- Data is backed up from the core database server to a on-site mirror server every day.
- Weekly and monthly copies are retained for at least 3 months on the on-site mirror.
- Weekly tape copies are made and stored off-site. At least 3 months worth are stored off-site.
In addition to utilizing our own backup systems, you can arrange to backup copies of your data to your own infrastructure using 1 of 2 methods:
- Utilizing the “Export Data” function located under the “Management” tab in “My Network”, you can download copies of your data at any time. This system is fast and efficient and allows you to download large datasets quickly.
- We routinely setup automated versions of the “Export Data” routine for clients who wish to automate the process. Copies of your data can be made available in your own private directory within the FlowWorks FTP server on any time basis you wish (hourly, daily, weekly, etc.) Your backup systems can then access these files and move copies to your own systems. We do not charge extra for this service!
We offer the best of both worlds: a self-contained, worry-free managed backup system along with full capabilities to support your corporate backup requirements.