Rainfall Monitoring and IDF Analysis
FlowWorks monitoring flow analysis software provides individuals with responsibility for managing or analyzing reservoirs, sanitary sewer systems, stormwater or drainage networks the critical information they need when it comes to rainfall data.
Take live data from your SCADA or data logger network, or upload historical data files and watch Flowworks transform your rainfall station data into illuminating flow analysis reports.
Key Rainfall Features
- Map-Based Network Overview: easy point-and-click links to all of your flow analysis functions, including hourly and daily totals;
- Straightforward summary reports; concise monthly rainfall summary shows you hourly, daily, and monthly totals along with duration-based statistics from 5-minutes to 24-hours;
- Intuitive graphing with custom template saving; combine rainfall into graphs along with any other station in your system;
- Intensity-duration-frequency (IDF) analysis shows any current or historical storm data in the context of historical values and return periods;
- Custom real-time displays available, showing you everything that is going on in your rainfall network at a glance;
- Specialized rainfall analysis functions allowing you to assess return frequency of your recorded storm events;
- Alarm notifications when your stations reach critical combined sewage overflow amounts;
- Visual surveillance capability using an economical field camera to capture and link field observations at your flow monitoring or rainfall sites;
- Powerful meta-data storage capabilities, allowing you to store date and time-stamped photos, verification measurements and field observations, both in online data forms as well as through attachable documents;
- Custom displays or flow analysis data feeds back to your own website for private or public viewing;
- Flexible download capability allowing you to easily download a day, a year, or a decade worth of your data through our high-speed data transfer service.
- Data Transfer Flexibility + Hardware Neutrality: You choose whether to transfer your flow analysis data manually through our high-speed upload service or link directly with your live data. FlowWorks will work with existing equipment from a mature monitoring network, or we can supply equipment solutions for you utilizing telephone, cellular, and satellite telemetry.
Easily answer the following common rainfall questions using FlowWorks flow analysis software
- Where are my rainfall stations, and what are the current conditions?
- How much variation is there between precipitation at each of my stations?
- Are any of the rain gauges plugged with debris?
- It’s raining pretty hard outside…how big is this event?
- How big was the rainfall event that caused last weeks flooding?
- Can I see the maintenance sheets for a station for the past year?
- Which stations need battery changes right now?
- Are any stations not calling in?
- Can I see a picture of the current conditions at a site?