Stream Flow Data Analysis
FlowWorks flow analysis software provides individuals with stream data oversight responsibilities a package of data storage and stream data flow analysis functions that make working with your stream flow data easy, whether you take care of one small creek or manage a large hydrometric network.
Key Stream Flow Data Analysis Features
- Map-Based Network Overview: easy point-and-click links to all of your stream flow analysis functions
- Straightforward summary reports for daily, monthly, and yearly statistics;
- Intuitive graphing with custom template saving;
- Stage-discharge curve fitting with subsequent application to your level data;
- Custom real-time displaysavailable, showing you everything that is going on in your hydrometric network at a glance;
- Specialized rainfall analysis functions allowing you to assess return frequency of your recorded rainfall data and storm events;
- Alarm notifications when your stations reach critical elevations;
- Visual surveillance capability using an economical field camera to capture river bed movement, trash rack buildup, or flood stage observations;
- Powerful meta-data storage capabilities, allowing you to store date and time-stamped photos, verification measurements and field observations, both in online data forms as well as through attachable documents;
- Custom displays or data feeds back to your own website for private or public viewing;
- Flexible download capability allowing you to easily download a day, a year, or a decade worth of your stream data through our high-speed data transfer service.
Data Transfer Flexibility + Hardware Neutrality: You choose whether to transfer your stream data manually through our high-speed upload service or link directly with your live data. FlowWorks will work with existing equipment from a mature gauging network, or we can supply equipment solutions for you utilizing telephone, cellular, and satellite telemetry.
Easily answer the following common streamflow management questions using FlowWorks
- Where are my streamflow stations, and what are the current conditions?
- What has the flow and rainfall at a group of stations looked like over the past week? What about over the past year? 10 Years?
- Is the stage-discharge curve for a station holding steady?
- It’s raining pretty hard outside…how big is this event?
- What were the minimum, average, and maximum flows at a station last week? Last month? Last year?
- How big was the rainfall event that caused last weeks flooding?
- Are there any pictures of the creek during a 5-year return storm? If so, show them to me.
- Can I see the maintenance sheets for a station for the past year?
- Which stations need battery changes right now? Are any stations not calling in?
- Can I see a picture of the current conditions at a site?