In an article from earlier this year, The American Water Works Association’s Opflow magazine highlighted some of the key benefits that come from monitoring your water distribution and water collections systems. Below is a brief overview of some of the bullet points they laid out:
- Access to remote, real-time, and historical data.
- A common data platform for all parameters. All data resides in one common database, allowing users to easily analyze and compare different data.
- System scalability.
- Automated operation. Data collected, stored, and transmitted automatically, eliminating the need for field personnel to travel to remote sites to manually download and collect data.
- Alarm notification and management. Alarms can be sent as text messages to mobile devices or as email messages sent via the web.
- Low procurement, installation, and lifetime operating cost of ownership. Typical remote monitoring system installations are 1/3 to 1/5 the cost of traditional SCADA RTU installations.
“For water and wastewater utilities, several existing data sources can be combined with distributed sensor technologies to provide a robust decision-support framework that will lead toward optimized distribution and collections systems”
With FlowWorks software, you are able to check all of these boxes while also being able to combine all of your time series data sources into one consolidated location. No more silos of data that cause headaches with jumping back and forth between software programs or having to jump through hoops to export and consolidate your data into Excel. If you would like to attend a free web demonstration or start a free trial account (with demo data or your own), give our office a call (206-859-6999) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.